Laravel is a popular PHP framework. It enables the development of high quality fully customized web applications. It is one of the most widely used community frameworks in the Internet world.
As a framework, it is quite modern and offers many powerful utilities to developers, which allow speeding up the development of web applications.
Laravel places an emphasis on code quality, ease of maintenance, and scalability, allowing for projects from small to very large. It also allows and facilitates teamwork and promotes best practices.
The Laravel framework works with an advanced folder structure so that it promotes the separation of files with a correct and defined order, which will guide all the members of the work team and will be a standard throughout the different projects. It also has a very suitable class structure, which promotes the separation of the code by responsibilities. Its development style is MVC.
It also contains a wide set of features, which are used to make most web applications. Among them we can find:
- A route system, through which it is easy to create and maintain all kinds of user and search engine friendly URLs, API routes, etc.
- A database abstraction system, with a powerful but easy to handle ORM, through which we can treat the data in the database as if they were simple objects.
- A system for creating work queues, so that it is possible to send tasks for execution in the background and increase the performance of the applications.
- Various configurations for sending email, with different providers.
- A system of notifications to users, through email, database and other channels.
- An abstraction of the file system, through which we can write data to cloud providers, and to the server's disk, with the same code.
- Session management.
- Authentication system, with everything necessary aspects such as password reminders, account confirmation, remembering a logged in user, etc.
- The possibility of accessing data in real time and receiving notifications when it is altered in the database.
Why Laravel Has Become The Community's Preferred PHP Framework
Laravel is a newer framework than many of its competitors. It has come from behind with a very strong progression, consolidating as the most used PHP framework in recent years.
This progression is due to several factors. Obviously, the amount of functionality that it already offers us is fundamental. However, this reason is not the most important, since many other frameworks also offer very complete support. It is true that the number of modules has been increasing continuously and today it is possible that it surpasses other popular alternatives, but its adoption by the community has been very relevant even before that. Here are some of the reasons why Hyperlink InfoSystem chooses Laravel as a preferred PHP development framework:
- Ease of use: with the knowledge of several popular frameworks, Laravel is one of the easiest to use. There are frameworks as powerful as Laravel, but the learning curve is much more severe. This has made it possible for developers who had already been using simpler alternatives for application development to successfully approach Laravel, without too much frustration from having to learn new things.
- Documentation and tutorials: Laravel documentation has always been very complete. It also has a fairly didactic approach, so it is very easy to use as a basis for learning and not just reference. In addition, Laravel has come with a series of parallel projects of additional tutorials to the documentation that have helped a lot in its dissemination and the creation of an active community.
- Solidity: it has shown great solidity which has allowed its growth not to radically break the projects that needed to be updated. This helps a lot to keep your followers trusting and supporting the tools. At the same time, Laravel has managed to adapt with a whole series of tools such as cloud providers for file storage, electronic payment providers, messaging and email systems, etc.
- Lean on other products without reinventing the wheel: Laravel hasn't needed to reinvent the development world. Instead, it has been able to take advantage of much of the functionality of already established products. The most important example is the Symfony framework, from which a quantity of functionality that was already very mature has been extracted, adopting it to enable rapid, stable and secure growth.
The truth is that any product that comes from behind has a much better chance of arriving at a winning formula. Laravel has managed to take advantage of this situation and get to scale enough to become the most popular PHP framework. Contact us at Hyperlink InfoSystem to assist you with I.T solutions that are based on Laravel.
One of the keys to Laravel's success is that it has become an industry that generates services related to the framework. Some of the most popular and useful services and tools for the Laravel framework are the following:
- Forge: it is a server administration system, as a kind of panel with which you can create domains, install Laravel, deploy applications, etc. It provides developers with a whole series of tools to make installing Laravel applications in production very easy.
- Steam: allows you to deploy Laravel applications without the need for a server. By not having a server, you save the need to manage your own system, which theoretically takes work away and increases security.
- Nova: is a content management system that allows you to create the typical administration panels in a very comfortable way. It is very versatile and saves hundreds of hours of programming that is often tedious and repetitive.
- Envoyer: It allows continuous integration of Laravel applications, simply by pushing the repository. The application is deployed in its new version without interrupting the service.
- Spark: It allows creating applications with a codebase on top of Laravel itself, avoiding many parts that can be repeated in many of the projects.